Man electrocuted | Daily News

Man electrocuted

A 26-year-old estate superintendent attached to the Maduru Oya Coconut Research Institute died after being electrocuted in Polwatta, Hataraliyadda recently.

He had trampled an electrified trap that had been laid to hunt wild boar in land adjoining a tea estate in Polwatta, Hataraliyadda. He was on leave on that day.

The deceased was identified as G.K.G. Darshana Weerakoon.

Family members had found his body when they searched for him due to his long absence.

A neighbour had voluntarily surrendered to police after learning of this tragedy. He is now in police custody on suspicion.

Hataraliyadda Police are investigating.


 

Add new comment