Fire in shopping complex in Pallepola | Daily News


 

Fire in shopping complex in Pallepola

The building which caught fire.
The building which caught fire.

A fire erupted in the co-operative co-op city building complex of Pallepola town in the Matale District on Thursday (8) and the room where the generator was placed, completely burned down.

Its employees immediately removed the gas cylinders stored in a shop adjacent to the co-op city complex and the fire has been controlled. This shopping complex constructed by the Pallepola Pradeshiya Sabha at a cost Rs. 90 million has recently been vested with the public.

The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electricity leakage. Mahawela Police are conducting investigations.