‘Printing school textbooks next year costs Rs. 16,480 million’ | Daily News

‘Printing school textbooks next year costs Rs. 16,480 million’

It has been estimated that around Rs. 16,480 million has to be spent on school textbook printing for 2023, the Education Ministry statistics revealed.

Around 45 per cent of the text book for 2023 is printed by the State Printing Corporation and the rest 55 per cent is printed by the private sector.

However, reportedly, the text book printing is badly affected by the scarcity of printing papers. Therefore, moves are under way to import printing papers from India under the Indian credit line.

The test book printing for 2023 has to be completed before the commencement of the first school term of 2023. The first school term of the 2023 will commence from March next year.


Add new comment